How To Keep Ants Out Of Your Mooresville Home
March 15, 2022
Ant pest control helps keep these pesky creatures out of homes and lawns. Are you pursuing ant control in your yard? Outdoor ant control is a logical first step. Contact Lake Norman Pest Control for ant control in Mooresville that works. Are you looking for a do-it-yourself (DIY) route? Ant control for homeowners works best on a strictly preventative basis, while commercial ant control typically offers a complete solution to these pests.
Life Cycle & Diet Of Ants In Mooresville
Before determining what type of ant pest control to use, it can be interesting to look at some facts about this pest. An ant’s journey through life all begins from a tiny egg. Larvae emerge from eggs; these creatures resemble miniature grubs without eyes. A baby ant eats and grows, then eventually turns into a pupa.
These pupae are ivory-colored at first but can grow darker. Now, these pests are beginning to look more like adult ants. The adult ant is the final result of all of these life stages. While the newly-emerging adult may be lighter in color, this color tends to get darker with time.
The diet of ants varies depending upon the particular species. Foods ants may enjoy ants include: meat, sugary substances, fruit, other insects, nectar, leaves, and vegetables.
The Problems Ants Cause In Mooresville
Different types of ants can cause different kinds of problems, so formulating effective ant control for homeowners is important. Fire ants can cause painful stings. Carpenter ants can destroy homes. Pharaoh ants can spread pathogens. Field ants build large mounds on lawns. Such nests can prevent grass from growing so homeowners won’t get those lush lawns. Ant control in your yard is needed to keep field ants from damaging this part of the property.
Six Easy & Effective Ant Prevention Tips For Your Mooresville Home
While it’s advisable to get commercial ant control, there are some measures residents can take to safeguard homes from these pests:
1. Eliminate shelter: Store firewood as far from onsite structures as possible. Remove piles of debris and leaf litter so ants will have to leave the premises to get comfy.
2. Keep food out of reach: Store packaged foods in steel or glass canisters. Make sure these containers come with airtight lids; keep them shut. Wipe down regularly.
3. Pick up/clean up: Wipe up spills and drips as soon as they occur. Disinfect surfaces frequently—sweep and mop floors; vacuum rugs and carpeting. Remove trash from the home daily.
4. Practice preventative landscaping: Trim hedges, trees, and shrubs on a regular basis. Consider cutting off overhanging limbs within 10 feet of the primary structure so ants can’t climb right into the home.
5. Prevent entry: Look for any gaps, holes, or cracks where a tiny ant could make its way inside. Then seal potential points of entry with a silicone-based caulk.
6. Reduce moisture: Dump water out of exterior pet water bowls, bird baths, and plastic pools. Ensure sprinkler heads are not leaking. Install a dehumidifier in an especially damp area of the home to suck the moisture out of the air.
The Most Effective Way To Keep Ants Out Of Your Mooresville Home
If there are ants on the property, ant control in Mooresville is an essential next step. Save time by contacting Lake Norman Pest Control for indoor and outdoor ant control. Our technicians are trained to find, and more importantly, eliminate ants from the home. Let us inspect and protect your Mooresville property from ants and other pests.