Lady Bugs: Love Them Or Hate Them
March 29, 2019
In the insect world, nothing can be as pretty and as lovely as the ladybugs. It has lively colors and kids actually love them. They are also beneficial to the environment as they eat pests that damage crops. Ladybugs just appear like something you would want to root for in the wild.
9 Interesting Facts About Ladybugs
In Denver, North Carolina, there are places where ladybugs seem to pretty thrive in. Questions arise regarding the needs to pest experts in Denver, NC with regards to ladybugs presence. Before anything else, there are just so many interesting things about the ladybugs, and here are some facts that you may want to know about:
1. Ladybugs are helpful, but a ladybug infestation in your homes can be such a nuisance, and in large numbers, they are considered pests. They enter our homes at the start of winter when they search for a warm and dry place. They will swarm into a building or a house where the sun illuminates it. You can call the pest experts in Denver if you have problems with ladybugs.
2. An infestation usually starts with just one ladybug. When one ladybug gets inside your homes, it emits pheromones attract fellow ladybugs. These ladybugs then follow the trail used by the first one, using the same entry point.
3. Not all ladybugs are ladies. The males are called ladybugs too.
4. The “Lady” in the ladybugs were named after the Virgin Mary. It was said that in Europe during the Middle Ages, pests heavily infested all their crops. The farmers soon prayed to the Blessed Lady, the Virgin Mary. Soon after they started seeing the red beetles eating all the pests, saving their crops eventually. The farmers called them the Lady beetles, or “our lady’s birds”.
5. Not all ladybugs are red or black. They can also come in yellow, some are plain black and white, orange, brown, pink, others have stripes, and others have a checkered pattern.
6. There are 5,000 species of ladybugs, and they lay hundreds of eggs in the colonies of aphids, those plant-eating pests. Once their eggs hatch, the larvae will feed on these aphids, and that is how they protect the environment.
7. Ladybugs eat a lot of insects, and the farmers love them for it. They are always hungry for aphids, in fact, an adult ladybug can consume 50 aphids a day.
8. When the going gets tough, ladybugs become cannibals. They eat any soft-bodied insect, which may include a young adult ladybug. Do not feel too bad, it is just their way to survive.
9. The best way to control ladybug infestation in the home is prevention. Seal off potential openings inside your home. Make sure your doors have weather strippings and get your windows some tight-fitting screens. In case a ladybug still manages to enter your home, the best way to remove them is through a vacuum cleaner.
If you need help from the best pest experts in Denver, NC, call Lake Norman Pest Control Company. Lake Norman has been in the business of pest control for more than 50 years now. They have highly skilled technicians who utilize state of the art equipment; pests have proven no match to them. Lake Norman Pest Control has earned the trust of residents and businesses alike in Denver NC.