Pest Wars: Bed Bug Exterminator Services In Concord, NC
April 4, 2019
Did you know that bed bugs once were wiped out from the face of the United States in the 1900’s? The only reminder that bed bugs once existed was the saying “Good night, sleep tight. Don’t let the bed bugs bite". And we were fine with that, because who wants the bed bugs anyway?
Bed Bug Extermination Made Easy
Unfortunately, bed bugs had a sudden resurgence in population since the early 2000s and have returned to their old, pesky ways. And residents on Concord NC are among who experienced the irritating bites of bed bugs and disturbance of sleep. While natural ways can get rid of bed bugs, but only for a short period of time. With this, many residents are now getting the help of pest experts in Concord, NC to fully eliminate the presence of bed bugs in their house.
What Are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are small, brownish parasitic insects that feed on human and animal blood. They are oval in shape and are the size of an apple seed. After feeding, their bodies swell. The female bed bugs lay over a hundred eggs over their lifetime. Bed bugs have also been tagged as high health risk pests by several agencies in the United States, like the United States Department of Agriculture and the United States Environmental Protection Agency. They bite you while you are asleep. Their bites may not be painful, but it develops into an itchy welt later on. They are also a cause of anxiety and sleeplessness, which adds to them being health risks
Signs Of Infestation
If you have red marks on your skin that appear to be in a straight line- and those marks were not there before you slept the previous night- then you have bed bugs. Fecal marks that were actually blood on you beddings and pillowcases are also signs. Bed bugs also produce a musty odor from their scent glands.
Treating Bed Bugs
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, treating bed bugs successfully on our own depends on many factors. One is the extent of the infestation. Are there too many of them already? Then consider the site-specific challenges like having neighbors with an infestation, or do you have too much clutter, etc. Here are some tips on how to treat bed bugs:
1. Wash your beddings, linens, and clothing in hot water and dry them on the highest setting.
2. Remove clutter in your bed because this can be used as their hiding places.
3. Use a vacuum cleaner to vacuum your bed and surrounding area frequently. Then, make sure to empty your vacuum cleaner into a bag, seal the bag, and dispose of it properly.
4. You do not have to throw away infested furniture just yet. Try to save it first by cleaning it. If you cannot salvage it, dispose of it responsibly so that the bed bugs would not be able to go back to your house.
5. Seal off cracks and use glue to repair peeled wallpaper. These are also potential hiding places for the bed bugs.
If your house is heavily infested and makes you overwhelmed, then do not worry. The best pest exterminator services in Concord, NC, Lake Norman Pest Control Company, is just a phone call away, Lake Norman Pest Control Company has a team of highly skilled technicians who utilize the latest and most advanced equipment in the business. They are the most trusted pest exterminator services in Concord since 1959.