The Best Pest Control For Centipedes In Mooresville, NC
April 5, 2019
It is said that centipedes are very helpful and nice to have around the house. Why? Because they feed on other more undesirable pests like termites, bed bugs, silverfish, spiders, and cockroaches. Even so, it is quite a bit unnerving to be living under the same roof with them. They look creepy, and they even bite sometimes. If you have problems with centipedes, the best pest experts in Mooresville, NC, Lake Norman Pest Control Company, is just a phone call away.
Centipedes are small arthropods that are considered nuisance pests. The house centipedes are those that are found in the house. House centipedes are yellowish- gray and have stripes down the length of their bodies. They are found not just in the United States, but also worldwide. They are about 3 to 6 mm in size.
Centipedes do not really have a hundred legs, as their name suggests. Instead, they have only 16 legs but increase over time. These legs allow them to move very fast, which helps them avoid predators. Centipedes are active only during the night. They have venoms that are harmless to humans, and they use this to subdue their prey. Centipedes do not really pose any danger to humans. They do bite when you try to pick one with your bare hands. They become nuisance pests when you see many of them crawling in your house.
They are found in warm, humid climates but are also capable of surviving in different conditions. During the cold months, they can also move into your house where it is nice and warm and with plenty of prey to hunt down.
Here are a few tips on how to prevent centipede infestation::
1. Seal off cracks, holes, and other openings with caulking. These are potential entry points for the centipedes.
2. Use Diatomaceous earth. You can buy these from a local gardening store near you. Diatomaceous earth, when crawled on by centipedes, inflicts hundred of small cuts on their bodies, making them bleed to death. Put some in your doors. windows, and around the foundations.
3. Get rid of other insects in your homes too. Centipedes feed on these insects so removing them will also discourage centipedes to infest your home.
4. Remove clutter, piles of leaves, garbage, grass cuttings, rocks, and wood on your property.
5. Centipedes love damp or wet areas. Repair leaking faucets and pipes. Check under your sinks, and in the bathroom. Remove moisture in your house.
The Best In Pest Control
If centipedes are too much for you to handle, then it is time to call the pest experts in Mooresville, NC, Lake Norman Pest Control Company. Lake Norman Pest Control is a family-owned company with excellent experience not only in centipede control, but in mice, ants, cockroaches, weevils, bed bugs, wasps, and other pests as well.
They have highly skilled and well-trained technicians utilizing state of the art equipment, so you can say goodbye to those pesky centipedes. Lake Norman Pest Control Company has been trusted by residents and businesses for more than 50 years.