Environmentally Friendly Pest Solutions For Your Mooresville Home
April 30, 2022
When you think of pest control in Mooresville, what comes to mind? Do you imagine uniformed service people coming to your home and spraying chemicals to kill pests? Do you worry about having chemicals sprayed around your home? What you might not know is that the chemicals most pest professionals use are designed to target pests; they're not toxic to the environment. An example of this is the use of products with insect growth regulators (IGRs). These disrupt how insects develop and reproduce. When insects can't grow a population near your home, you're going to have fewer insects getting inside. Let's take a look at a few more examples of environmentally friendly pest control, what pests can be easily controlled with these methods and products, and how you can get plugged into environmentally friendly pest control for your Mooreville home.
What Is Environmentally Friendly Pest Control?
The goal of environmentally friendly pest control is to have a limited impact on the environment. The products and methods used take into account the behavior patterns of pests, their preferred habitats and food source and, as given in the example above, they may directly target specific types of pests with products that are not toxic to humans, pets, or non-targeted critters in your yard.
Types Of Pests Around Mooresville
When considering environmentally friendly options, we have to consider the pests that we're treating. Dangerous or destructive pests may require the use of toxic chemicals in a controlled setting, such as a fumigation treatment. Fortunately, this type of control is only needed when pests get out of hand. If you are proactive about pest control, it is easy to implement environmentally friendly pest control. Here are a few examples.
- Termite bait targets subterranean termites and the active ingredient prevents termites from molting. When termites can't mold, they can't develop. This leads to colony elimination. This same strategy can be used on ants and other pests.
- Pest control insulation has borates in it. When pests get into your attic (which they like to do) they come in contact with the borates in your insulation. As they groom themselves, they are eliminated. This is because simple organisms aren't able to process borates. Borates can also make mice, rats, squirrels and other critters get out of your attic, and out of your home. It gives them an upset stomach.
- If you're dealing with mice or rats, and you don't have pest control insulation installed in your attic, there are many environmentally friendly solutions to get control of rodents, such as glue boards, tamper-resistant traps, and bait stations. When these products are combined with professional inspections and evaluations, they can rid your home of rodents and keep rodents from getting inside, without having any impact on the environment.
- If you're concerned about wasps, your pest controller can locate wasp nests during routine inspections and remove them. At Lake Norman Pest Control, we use protective gear and specialized equipment to remove nests, and we always attempt to relocate stinging insects without harming them.
Benefits To Environmentally Friendly Pest Control
- It protects our neighborhoods and our communities.
- It protects groundwater from being polluted.
- You don't have to worry about your pets or your children being harmed.
- You don't have to worry about non-targeted critters being harmed.
The Best Pest Control For Your Home
At Lake Norman Pest Control, we have a wide range of products and methods that are 100 percent environmentally friendly and many others that target certain pests without harming other creatures that live in your yard. If you're looking for great pest control in Mooresville, consider reaching out to Lake Norman Pest Control for eco-friendly pest solutions. We would love the opportunity to help you find proactive solutions for you and your family. Connect with us today and get started.