Getting Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Mooresville Home The Right Way
January 15, 2023
If you fear you have bed bugs in your home, you're not alone. Bed bugs are found all over the place, wherever humans congregate. You can find them in libraries, schools, daycare centers, offices, motels, and public transportation. They aren't a sign that you're a lousy housekeeper – you can find them in the cleanest homes and high-end hotels. Mooresville pest control companies such as Lake Norman Pest Control are fighting these pests everywhere. Let us come fight for you and tell bed bugs to bug off!
How To Tell If It's Bed Bugs Infesting Your Home
If you have three or four itchy, red welts on your arms or legs that are in a straight line or closely grouped together, you may have bed bugs. These bites may not show for up to three days after you've been bitten, giving bed bugs time to spread throughout your house. Thirty percent of the population isn't allergic to bed bug saliva, so you may have these pests without developing any welts at all.
Another sign it's bed bugs infesting your home is the sweet, musty smell they give off. You may smell bed bugs before you see them and before their bites show up on your skin. If you smell something, say something. Call for pest control to get rid bed bugs in your Mooresville home.
The Symptoms Of A Bed Bug Infestation
In addition to bed bug bites and the sweet, musty odor, there are a few other signs that could indicate that you have a bed bug infestation in Mooresville, including:
- Reddish-brown to black spots on your mattress and box spring.
- Pearly white bed bug eggs may be visible, though they're only 1/16 inch long.
- Exoskeletons are left behind after bed bugs molt and grow in size, leaving their discarded skin clinging to your mattress.
While it is often difficult to spot them, bed bugs themselves are visible. They grow to be about a quarter inch in length and are reddish-brown and very flat unless they've fed recently. After feeding, bed bugs are longer, more oval in shape, and dark brown to black.
Why Do-It-Yourself Bed Bug Control Often Fails
There are steps you can take to try to get rid of bed bugs.
For example, you could:
- Wash all your bedding with the hottest water possible, then dry them on high heat. Bed bugs can't survive above 122°, so this treatment kills any bugs in your bedding.
- Put mattress encasements on your mattress and box spring. These fabric sacks trap all the bed bugs inside your bed. Bed bugs will starve to death if they can't eat for several months. The encasements don't have seams for bed bugs to hide in, further reducing the impact of bed bugs.
- Vacuum everywhere you see bed bugs, then empty the bag or canister outside, into a trash bag you can tie tightly shut.
However, the problem with DIY bed bug control is that it rarely eliminates every bed bug. They may be hiding in cracks in your baseboard or inside electrical outlets. They could be behind light switch plates or in between the pages of a book. To get rid of all the bed bugs in your house and prevent reinfestation, you need to call a Mooresville bed bug control professional. We can find and exterminate bed bugs for you.
Call The Pros For Total Bed Bug Elimination
Even if you know how to find bed bugs, it's nearly impossible for you to find them all. That's why you need to call a professional company such as Lake Norman Pest Control for bed bug control in Mooresville. We've been family-owned and operated for 30 years, and our pest control technicians are highly trained to eradicate your bed bug problem and keep it from coming back. Call us today for your free quote and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Mooresville.