Rat Facts & How To Get Rid Of Them In Concord, North Carolina
April 5, 2019
The damages caused by rats happen season after season, wherever you are in the world. They carry bacteria and virus that cause diseases. As pests, they are both health risk pests and nuisance pests. How many times have we seen important documents, or favorite books, getting nibbled at and rendered useless by mice in the house? They also nibble on stored foods, causing more economic dames. Their unsightly droppings and urine are everywhere. If your house in Concord is infested by these rats, do not worry. The best pest control experts in Concord, NC, Lake Norman Pest Control Company, is just a call away.
Interesting Rat Facts
I personally think that rats are cute, and aesthetically I prefer them over cats. But due to the reasons stated above, it is not recommended that they become pets. Still, there are some interesting facts about rats that you may want to know about. Here are some of them:
1. New studies show that rats may have been falsely accused of being the transmitter of the black plague. Some studies actually point to fleas as the culprits. This is still being hotly debated, with both sides bringing up strong points. The black plague killed more than half of the world’s population in the 1400s.
2. Not all rats are bad guys. Some rats are used for laboratory testing and have helped save lives because of their sacrifices. According to the Foundations for Biomedical Research, 9.5 out of 10 laboratory animals are mice. They use brown rats for their labs.
3. Rats are highly social animals. They need companions all the time. Once they are left alone, they become lonely and depressed. When one of theirs is injured, they take good care of it.
4. Rats have a superior memory. Once they learn of a trail path to their nests, they never forget it.
5. Most rats are nocturnal, except for the brown rat.
6. Rats are responsible for transmitting several diseases, like leptospirosis, rat bite fever, Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome, Lassa Fever, salmonellosis, tularemia, Omsk Hemorrhagic fever, and Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome.
They are very dangerous to our health, but there are ways to prevent them from getting near our loved ones. You can do this by making sure that you regularly dispose of your garbage. You cut their food source by doing this. Seal off cracks and holes that you can see inside your home. Keep in mind that a mouse can fit into a hole the size of a nickel.
For sure, these are potential entry points for mice. Use mouse traps and baits, make sure you lace them near walls. And of course, if you need the assistance of the pest control experts in Concord, NC, just call Lake Norman Pest Control Company. Lake Norman Pest Control has a team composed of highly skilled and well-trained professionals, and very friendly ones too. Their state of the art equipment is the best in the business. Most importantly, Lake Norman Pest Control has been trusted by residents and businesses for 50 years.