What Mooresville Residents Should Know About Mosquito Control
March 30, 2023
Known for their painful and itchy bites, mosquitoes have earned their reputation as one of the most irritating insects to encounter. These biting nuisances are on a mission to consume your blood for sustenance and won't stop until they get it. They’re known to carry a multitude of diseases that can be harmful to your health. In fact, despite their tiny size, these winged insects are responsible for more human fatalities than any other animal species on earth.
What a relief to know that Lake Norman Pest Control delivers outstanding mosquito control in Mooresville to rid your home of these potentially dangerous insects. Our team understands how uncomfortable it is to have mosquitoes surrounding your residence and diminishing your quality of life.
Read further to learn more about the behavior of mosquitoes, some different methods to control their populations and prevent the spread of disease, and why you shouldn’t hesitate to enlist the services of Mooresville pest control specialists.
Mosquitoes: Habits And Behaviors Of The Little Fly
As much as mosquitoes annoy you to the point that you wish we lived in a world without them, there is some shocking news to share. We need them to keep our ecosystem running smoothly. Yes, those tiny insects that feed on your blood, leaving you with painful, itchy bumps that can swell to an enormous size, are actually necessary. They play a major part in the ecological hierarchy, and even with over 3,500 species of mosquitoes worldwide, not all of them bite people. Take a look at the list below of some positive traits mosquitoes have:
- They remove waste that can be harmful to humans and animals, such as parasites, algae, fungi, and other microorganisms.
- They aid in the formulation of new medicines as their saliva contains chemicals that can prevent blood from clotting.
- They help keep rainforests free from human development by making the environment inhabitable and unendurable.
- They act as a highly nutritious, protein-packed meal for a wide array of species.
- They are pollinators that feed on the nectar of flowers and fertilize plants, which allows them to generate seeds for reproduction.
Even though a mosquito’s purpose is not only to annoy you and ruin your outdoor fun, having too many around on your property could become a problem. In such cases, contact Lake Norman Pest Control to assist you with mosquito management.
About The Dangerous Diseases Mosquitoes Can Spread
What makes mosquitoes in Mooresville so dangerous is their ability to spread many harmful diseases. Some of them include malaria, yellow fever, West Nile virus, Zika virus, chikungunya virus, and dengue. Each of these infections can result in various flu-like symptoms ranging from headaches, chills, fever, joint pain, and muscle aches. Severe complications can occur if most of these illnesses are left untreated. Be cautious while out during the worst time of day for mosquitoes, which is early in the morning before sunrise and right after sunset at dusk. If you’re encountering mosquitoes on your property, reach out to Lake Norman Pest Control so we can assess your situation to devise an effective treatment plan to get rid of mosquitoes in your yard.
Simple And Effective Ways To Protect Yourself From Mosquitoes
The effort to control pesky mosquitoes doesn’t have to be taxing. In fact, there are several simple and even natural ways to get rid of mosquitoes to protect your and your family’s health and safety, which include:
- Use mosquito repellent on exposed skin that contains DEET, picaridin, or oil of lemon eucalyptus.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and pants that cover most of your skin.
- Block mosquitoes from entering your home by installing screens on all exterior doors and windows.
- Eliminate all sources of standing water around your home, such as old tires, flowerpots, children’s wading pools, and birdbaths.
- Use outdoor fans to make conditions impossible for mosquitoes to get near you.
Also, citronella, lemongrass, and basil are some of the best essential oils to repel mosquitoes, but their effectiveness is limited. For the most reliable and effective results, consult with your local mosquito control specialists.
The Most Effective Way To Keep Mosquitoes Away From Your Home
There’s only one sound solution to get rid of mosquitoes around your home for good, and that is to contact Lake Norman Pest Control. We’re the easy choice to service a variety of pest control concerns. Let us establish an action plan targeting your specific pest to resolve the issue quickly. Get in touch with us today so we can get started!